Inspiring and providing information for those who are looking to travel somewhere warm.

travel

travel

Saturday 1 February 2014

Snorkelling


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh2rjnrz5mYv4PsRskAlGreBzrGEXYjeS1wOiMVoms0gyhAejND6AzElH_EwMtb58KreoN_62PcnKZaF-pDvYVaNtdC09l5d_Nze-WoOWRbAEuP0lS5e36qve78caO5tv5DWmNeoZmRzkQ/s1600/hawaii.jpg
Waikiki beach

It was finally time to go snorkelling after a few days of hitting the beach and eating at various restaurants. This was by far one of the best highlights of the trip and despite the fact it was a little rainy the day we went - it was well worth it. The bus drove us approximately an hour away from our hotel to Hanauma Bay. Before we could actually participate in snorkelling, we had to sit through a seminar which taught us: how to snorkel, the areas we should avoid and safety precautions that should be taken in case something should happen. I have always had a fear of sharks but always wanted to snorkeling so I decided it wouldn't hold me back.

Hanauma Bay
The video we watched highlighted the areas that sharks were most likely to be around, and that make me a little nervous. I stuck with a couple of my teammates while snorkeling and it took me a short while to get used to breathing through the snorkel under water. At first I found it difficult to swim around and avoid hitting rocks. However, what we go to experience and view under the water was well worth it. Plenty of colorful fish and amazing scenery. If you ever get the chance to go snorkelling - do not pass up the opportunity!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had the time of your life, thanks for sharing the different activities on offer for beach lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter weather and after reading your blog, has only made me want to get away even more. I've never had the opportunity to go snorkelling but have always wanted to. I guess reading your blog is as close as I'm going to get to it for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love snorkelling, it is so much fun and it''s so cool to just be out there in the ocean swimming with the fishes. I'm glad you did not pass up the opportunity to snorkel. I can't wait to go to another tropical destination in the near future and snorkel again!

    ReplyDelete