Inspiring and providing information for those who are looking to travel somewhere warm.

travel

travel

Saturday 8 February 2014

Dole Plantation

North Shore
In addition to our snorkeling adventure, one of the places we visited which I found interesting was the "Dole plantation" which is Hawaii's complete Pineapple experience. Ever since I went to Hawaii, I have developed a taste for pineapple. It tastes delicious and it's also healthy for you. The tour guides at the plantation offered our team an educational experience about: the history of the pineapple, the cultivation, the sugar industry, the agriculture and how to grow your own pineapple.

A small train took our team around one of the plantation's gardens where the pineapples were being grown. While on the train, the tour guide provided us with information about "North Shore" which is where Hawaii's quality pineapple is grown. Aside from the pineapple, there is also banana, sweetcorn, mango, coffee and cocoa grown on the North Shore.

When our tour was almost done, our team got to shop around in the Dole plantation store. After learning about how the pineapple is grown - we definitely weren't about to pass up an opportunity on purchasing it. Although I would have liked to purchase more items at the store, I ended up buying just one pineapple to share with the team. 

 Overall, my visit to the Dole Plantation was both educational and fun. The tour guides did an amazing job by providing us with interesting facts and maintaining our full attention. For those who are interested in travelling to Hawaii, this would be a worthwhile spot to gain insight on the life of a pineapple.
Pineapple at Dole Plantation



4 comments:

  1. I'm sure when you heard you were going to a pineapple plantation, you were probably not impressed as a teenager. But it seems like you had a better experience then you thought you would. I like what you think will be a dull tour turns into one of the best. I love pineapple and it sounds like a can't miss experience. I will remember this if I ever get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is even hard to imagine how much work it requires to grow a pineapple. Once I tried to grow it at home and it was very funny experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the train ride was kind of a drag...I'll admit! Once we got passed it, the experience was better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime I go on vacation, I make sure to set aside one day to do an excursion. It's funny how something that seems like it wouldn't be interesting at all can turn out to be the best part of your trip. Great post!

    ReplyDelete